The Strategic Corrosion Management environmental policy is to provide all of our services and products in a manner that ensures minimised potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and strive to use pollution prevention, mitigation and environmental best practices in all we do. We achieve these results by:
- Integrating the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promoting environmental awareness among our employees and encouraging them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Training, educating and informing our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reducing waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Promoting efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoiding unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seeking substitutions when feasible, and taking all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored or disposed of.
- Purchasing and using environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, developing and maintaining appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
- Communicating our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encouraging them to support it.
- Striving to continually improve our environmental performance and minimising the social impact and damage of our activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
Ian RJ Cordingley - Managing Director