Service to Industry Since 1985
The TCI Group was formed in 1985, with the inauguration of TCI Services, to provide a range of Consultancy and Inspection Services relating to all aspects of Corrosion Management and Protective Coatings. Now, as 'Strategic Corrosion Management' the company is based in the UK and provides services to the Oil & Gas Industry and other selected manufacturing and process in the North Sea, Europe, Far and Middle East, Africa and the Americas.
SCM is seen as a world leader in all aspects of corrosion, coatings, PFP and insulation management and has successfully developed a range of tools, equipment and consumables tightly integrated with the needs of our clients, whilst providing the back-up and administrative support necessary for our Clients to operate at maximum efficiency.
The company’s early experience included:
• Management of Fabric Maintenance Programme. Primarily for Oil & Gas Platforms, Gas Distribution facilities, and onshore Oil Terminals
• Supervision of Coatings Application on-site for Oil & Gas related Construction Projects including major Module Fabrication Projects.
• Multi-discipline Inspection Services and Technical Advice
Since that time SCM has steadily developed its range of services for existing clients and broadened its technical and operating scope to meet the diverse demands from many other industries. In 1994 we were the first company to deploy ‘Risk Based Corrosion Management’ systems – which were developed in consort with Shell Global Solutions and implemented on more than 300 Client Plants to date.
SCM’s services and products include:
• Corrosion Condition Surveys
• The Effectiveness Audit - GAP Analysis
• Plant Integrity Auditing
• Planning and Supervision of Fabric Maintenance Projects (Paint, Insulation and Passive Fire Protection).
• ECMS_Lifetime ECMS_Annual
• Writing Operational Procedures and Technical Specifications for Corrosion and Corrosion Protection.
• Development of Corrosion Management Strategies (Internal & External Corrosion)
• Implementation of Corrosion Maintenance & Control Systems (RISCm Databases).
• Design and Deployment of Off and Onshore Cathodic Protection Surveys & Systems
• Corrosion & Corrosion Protection Failure Analyses
• The Design and Manufacture of SafeMarkTM Pipe Identification Markers
SCM operations are now controlled from offices situated at Lowestoft, Tyneside and Aberdeen in the UK – with representation in many parts of the world.